From application-centric to data-centric
Digital transformation is essential for every business, but also difficult. What can make it easier is to switch your enterprise architecture from being application-centric to data-centric.
Applications such as SAP are available to anyone to buy and utilize. What isn’t, is your data, whether that’s information about customer purchases, product developments, sales performance or finance. It’s your data, not your applications, that provide your competitive advantage.
That’s why your enterprise architecture needs to change to a data-centric approach.
A data-centric architecture can be recognized by its:
- clear ownership of data (e.g. customer and product data)
- routine measurement of data
- continuous data improvement
- investment in new uses for data (e.g. cross-selling, predictive maintenance, customer self-service)
- preparedness for data growth.
So how do you achieve it?