How to deal with dormant data
41% of enterprise data has been lying dormant or has not been accessed for the past 3 years. 12% of enterprise data has not been accessed for more than 7 years*. This ‘hoarded’ data is a security risk and an unnecessary cost. Data Archiving is the solution.
Unlike back-up storage or data virtualization, Data Archiving enables businesses to:
- keep dormant data securely stored
- comply with GDPR
- use less storage space
- provide controlled access to historic data as and when required
- provide rollback capabilities ensuring data lineage is intact
- decommission legacy and duplicate applications.
When your dormant data is archived, it is:
- compressed – to reduce the cost of storage
- immutable – to ensure the sanctity of the data
- accessible – through reports, search, or SQL queries, with no need for IT intervention
- governed – by policies defining the data retention period.