This course is applicable to software version 10. Learn the mechanics of Data Integration using the Informatica Developer tool for Big Data Development. This course takes you through the key components to develop, configure, and deploy data integration mappings.
Module 1: Fundamentals
- Introduction to the Developer tool
- Brief Overview of Big Data Management Architecture
- Reviewing the Developer interface
Module 2: Developing Physical Data Objects
- Introduction to the types of physical data objects
- Using relational connections
- Using flat file connections
- Synchronize a flat file data object
Module 3: Viewing Data
- Introduction to data views
- Troubleshooting configurations
- Reviewing logs
- Monitoring activities
Module 4: Developing Mappings and Transformations
- Mapping and transformation concepts
- Core transformations
- Developing and validating a mapping
- Using transformations in a mapping
Module 5: Working with Dynamic Schema and Dynamic Mappings
- Introduction to dynamic mapping concepts
- Developing and running a dynamic mapping
- Reviewing a mapping template
Module 6: Deploying Applications
- Deploying Applications for Users
- Create, deploy, and run an application
Module 7: Parameters
- Using Parameters
- Types of Parameters
- Parameter file and Parameter set
- Run mappings with parameter file and parameter set
Module 8: Workflows
- Working with Workflows
- Create a workflow
- Configure a workflow
- Add a conditional sequence flow
- Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts
- Extract data from relation and flat file sources
- Develop commonly used transformation for mappings
- Automate metadata changes through dynamic mappings
- Parameterize mappings
- Assemble mappings into workflows
- Deploy mappings and workflows as applications
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.