This course extends the skills and knowledge of experienced PowerCenter developers. Reviewing advanced topics with extended labs covering PowerCenter connection architecture, high availability, and session and workflow recovery. Additional transformations are introduced including the SQL transformation, transaction control with and without the Transaction control transformation. Review the extended and advanced use of the Lookup transformation. Further included is an extensive series of performance and tuning workshops that include methodology, mapping design, and cache management with memory optimisation.
Data Integration developers who have taken the PowerCenter 10 Developer, Level 1
- Understand the Informatica PowerCenter architecture
- Determine the structure and use of PowerCenter Parameter Files
- Implement user-defined and advanced functions
- Normalise and Denormalise data using PowerCenter
- Use the Lookup transformtion in Dynamic mode
- Call a SQL stored procedure from a PowerCenter mapping
- Create and configure a SQL transformation and its two modes of use
- Design error handling strategies appropriate for the intended purpose of a workflow
- Make use of the PowerCenter source-based, target-based, and user-based transaction control
- Utilise constraint-based loading in databases with referential integrity constraints
- Use the Transaction Control transformation for data-driven RDBMS transaction control
- Determine the proper use of built-in and otopnal, mapping-design recovery capabilities
- Build batch files that use PMCMD and PMREP command line programs
- Apply PowerCenter Performance Tuning Technology
- Describe the effect of mapping design on performace and apply these design principles to a mapping
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.