Applicable for users of software version 6.x. Build your Data Governance Strategy step by step delivering content that the whole organization can consume and leverage. Learn to curate, create, and upload content while using Axon inventories to define, document, and explore key organizational business structures.
Module 1: Axons Data Governance Methodology
- Data Governance Evolution
- Must Dos for Data Governance Success
- Principles for an Axon Implementation
- Key Axon Resources
- Getting Started - object order definition
- Lab: Getting Started
Module 2: Getting Started
- User Permissions and effects
- Manual creation of objects
- Bulk upload of objects
- Project Overview
- Lab: Project Kickoff
Module 3: The Glossary
- Glossary definition best practices
- Manual creation of glossary items
- Bulk upload creation of glossary items
- Lab: Manually creating Glossary objects in Axon
- Lab: Create Glossary objects in Axon using Bulk Upload
- Lab: Updating ungoverned Glossary items
- Lab: Define a Glossary Relationship
- Lab: Creating Links from the Project to the
- Glossary Objects
Module 4: Systems, Datasets, Interface & Lineage
- System and Data Lineage
- Manual definition of systems and system interfaces
- Manual linking of dataset attributes
- Bulk update of existing attributes
- Bulk upload for attribute lineage
- Lab: Define a System
- Lab: Create a System Interface
- Lab: Manually create a Dataset with Attributes
- Lab: Define Attribute Links and review Lineage
- Lab: Bulk upload Attribute Links
Module 5: Leveraging Enterprise Data Catalog Content in Axon
- EDC Overview
- Linking to EDC Resources
- Linking Attributes to EDC Fields
- Lineage Recommendations
- Glossary and Data Domain Associations
- Curate auto-onboarded objects
- Lab: Link to EDC Resources
- Lab: Link Attributes to EDC Fields
- Lab: Review Fields and Lineage in EDC
- Lab: Review Lineage Recommendations
- Lab: Curate Auto-onboarded Attributes
Module 6: Policies
- Policy Overview
- Manual creation of policies
- Creating child/sub policies
- Lab: Create a Policy
- Lab: Bulk update existing Policies
Module 7: Leveraging Dashboard in Axon
- Integration Overview
- System Privacy Dashboard
- Policy Privacy Dashboard
Module 8: Process
- Process Overview
- Manual creation of processes
- Bulk upload of processes and process predecessors
- Process components functionality
- Process maps
- Lab: Create a Process
- Lab: Bulk upload Processes
- Lab: Define and upload Process Predecessors
- Lab: Link Processes
Module 9: Workflows and Change Requests
- Custom and default workflows
- Workflow creation
- Change requests
- Active workflows and workflow notifications
- Lab: Create a Workflow
- Lab: Raise a Change Request
Module 10: Mandatory Approval Process
- Mandatory Approval Process Overview
- Creating and editing objects when mandatory approval has been implemented
- Lab: Configure Mandatory Workflow Approval
- Lab: Step through Mandatory Workflow
- Approval for System Creation
- Lab: Step through Mandatory Workflow
- Approval for System Editing
Module 11: Data Quality
- Data Quality Overview
- Local and Standard Data Quality rules
- Manual and bulk upload of local DQ rules and reports
- Using Data Quality to update scores in Axon
- Automating Data Quality Rules
- Lab: Data Quality Measures
- Lab: Data Quality Reports
- Lab: Axon Integration with Data Quality
- Lab: Process Related Data Quality
- Lab: Automating Data Quality Rules
Module 12: Projects - Impact Assessment
- Project connections
- Relating projects and project dependencies
- Assess project impact
- Review DQ Dashboard
- Lab: Review and update the GDPR Project
- Participate in data governance initiatives.
- Identify Axon Data Governance use cases.
- Discuss the use of permissions in Axon.
- Manually create objects in Axon
- Use templates to upload objects.
- Edit objects, including defining descriptions, stakeholders and impact.
- Configure system and data lineage.
- Link Axon Systems and Attributes to EDC Resources and Fields.
- Curate automatically on-boarded EDC Attributes.
- Define projects, policies and processes.
- Design and create custom workflows.
- Raise and follow through on change requests.
- Explain Axons Mandatory Workflow Process.
- Describe Privacy Dashboards
- Use Axon to display Data Quality Scores across key enterprise elements.
- Automate Data Quality Rules.
- Use Axon from a project perspective.
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.