The Capitol Building, Oldbury
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
This classroom course of 3.0 days teaches how to use CP and CMS commands in a VM/CMS environment. You should learn how to create and modify files with XEDIT, transmit files, messages to other users via the CP spool environment, manage files on both minidisks and the Shared File System (SFS), and write simple command procedures in REXX EXECs.
You can practice these commands in hands-on lab exercises.
This is a basic course is for IT personal new to z/VM.
There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Explain the purpose of the entries in the CP directory for a typical CMS virtual machine
- Identify and execute z/VM CP and CMS commands for general users
- Use the XEDIT editor for creating and modifying CMS files
- Create your own XEDIT profile to customize your XEDIT session
- Tailor your CMS session with personalized PROFILE EXEC, synonyms, and command defaults
- Write, test, and use simple CMS EXECs for the execution of programs and jobs
- Invoke full-screen CMS and use the CMS windowing facility for logging command responses
- Send and receive files and messages
- Link and access minidisks
- Define SFS sub directories and create, access and share SFS files
- Unit 1 - Introduction to z/VM
- Unit 1 - Lab
- Unit 2 - Introduction to Xedit
- Unit 2 - Lab
- Unit 3 - More on XEDIT
- Unit 3 - Lab
- Unit 4 - Introduction to the CMS File System
- Unit 4 - Lab
- Unit 5- Introduction to Shared File System
- Unit 5 - Lab
- Unit 6- Introduction to REXX Programming
- Unit 6- Lab
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.