WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Version 8.5 (V8) for z/OS provides a Java2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) runtime environment for Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), along with servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP) in web applications.
WAS V8 extends the platform established in WebSphere for z/OS V7, bringing new functionality for application management, and new flexible management and administration options.
Learn how to install and customize WebSphere V8.5 for z/OS, and how to deploy EJB applications and web applications. Reinforce the concepts you learn in lectures with extensive hands-on laboratory exercises.
Note: This course does not address Java application development for z/OS, and it and does not teach the use of programming tools such as IBM Rational Application Developer V8.
This advanced course is for experienced z/OS system programmers responsible for the installation and customization of WAS V8, along with Information Technology (IT) professionals responsible for the deployment of EJB and web applications into WAS V8 on z/OS.
Teams of two or three individuals from an enterprise are recommended to attend. Teams should include the z/OS system programmer responsible for the installation of WAS V8, an application assembler responsible for deploying EJB and web applications, and possibly a WAS specialist. The range of skills needed for deploying WebSphere eBusiness applications is such that it is rare for one IT professional to have expertise in all areas of WebSphere.
You should have:
- Experience with the installation and customization of z/OS and its subsystems, including WLM, TCP/IP, UNIX Services, and the Security Server (Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)), or equivalent product.
This course, just as the WAS V8 product does, assumes that the initial z/OS infrastructure basics have already been implemented, including WLM Goal Mode, Resource Recovery Services (RRS), and the System Logger. The basic implementation of these z/OS subsystems or functions are not covered in this course. Individuals who need training in the implementation of the prerequisite subsystems and functions should consider completing other appropriate courses in the curriculum prior to attending this course.
- Understand the basics of object-oriented applications, EJBs and the J2EE standard runtime environment
- Prepare the base z/OS environment, including all system prerequisites
- Plan for and configure the WAS V8.5 runtime environment using the supplied WebSphere Customization Tools (WCT) workstation application
- Design and implement a complete server security scheme for WAS V8.5 on your z/OS system
- Customize your WAS V8.5 runtime on z/OS
- Set up and run the Installation Verification Test (IVT)
- Deploy an EJB application and a web application into your new WAS V8.5 runtime using the systems management administrative functions
- Configure and manage network deployment, including a deployment manager and node agents
- Configure web-based topologies for WAS V8.5 using the IBM HTTP server on z/OS together with the WebSphere plug-in
- Install and configure an the Apache-based web server on z/OS to host the WebSphere for z/OS plug-in
- Configure and use a web server node in WebSphere to assist managing the web server plug-in file
- Create a cluster by cloning your first application server
- See how the plug-in can perform load balancing and achieve high availability
- Create a proxy server, and drive your applications through this proxy server
- Define a JDBC driver and data source and deploy a sample application to connect to a DB2 for z/OS subsystem through the UDB universal driver type 4
- Describe the main components and infrastructure of the WebSphere for z/OS Java messaging run time environment
- Plan for the monitoring of performance in your new WAS V8.5 runtime
- Plan for the modification of the installation security configuration necessary to support J2EE application security
- Set up and configure a Liberty profile server, then deploy an application
- Unit 1: Introduction to WebSphere for z/OS V8
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 stand-alone server (Part 1)
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 stand-alone server (Part 2)
- Lab 1: Installing the stand-alone server
- Unit 3: Deploying applications with WebSphere V8 administration tool
- Lab 2: Administration of WebSphere V8 servers and applications Unit 4: The WebSphere V8 web container
- Lab 3: Installing the WebSphere for z/OS V8 HTTP server plug-in
- Unit 5: Network deployment
- Unit 6: Assembling and deploying a J2EE application Lab 4: Installing the network deployment environment Lab 5: (Optional) WebSphere connectors: JDBC lab Lab 6: (Optional): WebSphere proxy server
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 1)
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 2)
- Unit 8: Accessing data: Connectors and Java messaging on WebSphere Unit 9: Liberty Profile, zAAPs, WLM and performance
- Lab 7: (Optional): WebSphere Liberty Profile
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.