WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence in virtualization. The SAN Volume Controller (SVC) facilitates storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. This focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the SVC into the storage area network.
It also explains how to:
• Centralize storage provisioning to host servers from common storage pools.
• Improve storage optimization and efficiency through Thin Provisioning, Data Reduction and Compression
• Implement storage tiering and optimize flash drives and storage usage with Easy Tier
• Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment.
• Utilize network-level storage subsystem-independent data replication services to satisfy backup and disaster recovery requirement.
This course offering is at the IBM Spectrum Virtualize V126.96.36.199 level.
• IBM SAN Volume Controller - Introduction
• IBM SAN Volume Controller - Hardware architecture
• IBM SAS-Attached storage
• IBM SVC RAID protection solutions
• IBM SVC System - scaling
• IBM SVC System - Installation and management access
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Storage provisioning
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Volume allocation
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Host integration
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Data reduction technologies
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Easy Tier
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Data migration
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - FlashCopy and Consistency group
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Remote data replication
• IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Administration management
• IBM Storage Insights
This intermediate lecture and exercise-based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy networked storage virtualization solutions.
The following courses are required prior to this class:
• Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
• Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71G) or (SN71DG) or equivalent experience
A basic understanding on the concepts of open systems, disk storage systems and I/O operations.
After completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Distinguish the concepts of IBM Spectrum virtualization.
• Recall the history for IBM SAN Volume Controller.
• Classify the characteristics and components of the IBM SAN Volume Controller system and SAS attached expansion enclosures.
• Outline setups required to integrate an SVC system solution.
• Compare the characteristics of the RAID and DRAID.
• Summarize the SVC systems’ ability to scale for capacity and performance.
• Summarize the virtualization process converting physical storage space into virtual resources.
• Recall the process to create host access storage on an SVC system.
• Differentiate the advanced software features designed to simplify data management, reclaim storage space, and preserve storage investments.
• Differentiate methods in which to migrate data to and from the virtualized system environment.
• Summarize the methods of remote data replications to improve availability and support for disaster recovery.
• Employ administrative operations to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot the system. environment.
• Summarize the characteristics of IBM Storage Insights’ ability to identify, troubleshoot and minimize potential system downtime.
• Unit 1: Introduction to IBM SAN Volume Controller
• Unit 2: SVC hardware architecture
• Unit 3: SVC planning and zoning requirements
• Unit 4: SVC cluster initialization and user authentication
o Exercise 0: Lab environment overview
o Exercise 1: SVC system initialization
o Exercise 2: SVC system configuration
o Exercise 3: Examine back-end storage system
• Unit 5: SVC storage provisioning
• Unit 6: SVC host access
o Exercise 4: Storage provisioning
o Exercise 5: Access SVC storage from Windows and AIX
• Unit 7: Spectrum Virtualize advanced features
o Exercise 6: Thin Provisioning and Volume Mirroring
o Exercise 7: Storage access and SDD path selection
• Unit 8: Spectrum Virtualize data migration
o Exercise 8: SVC data migration
o Exercise 9: Migrate existing data: Migration Wizard
o Exercise 10: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard GUI
o Exercise 11: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard CLI
• Unit 9: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services
o Exercise 12: SVC scripting and I/O group modification
o Exercise 13: Real-time Compression and the IBM Comprestimator
• Unit 10: SVC administration management
o Exercise 14: SVC FlashCopy and consistency groups
o Exercise 15: Assign user roles and access
• Class Review and Evaluation
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.