2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
The Capitol Building, Oldbury
This course is designed for anyone who wants to get an understanding of how to use and customize the InfoSphere Master Data Management using the InfoSphere MDM Workbench. This course takes a participant through the process customizing both the Virtual and Physical MDM using the InfoSphere MDM Workbench. The focus of the course is on the core features of the Workbench: Creating a Physical MDM Addition, creating a Physical MDM Extension, creating a Physical MDM Behavior Extension, creating a composite service, deploying a Virtual MDM configuration, configuring the Virtual Data Model, creating a Virtual custom Composite View, creating a Virtual Callout Handler, generating an enterprise service interface using the Virtual data model and customizing a Hybrid implementation. For each core area, the instructor will explain the high-level concepts, have the participants work with the feature and then demo and review the feature details. Heavy emphasis is put on exercises and activities, allowing course participants to apply the knowledge that they learn in the classroom, after course conclusion.
This advanced course is for Infrastructure Specialist, Senior Technical Specialist,Technical Specialist, Support Engineers, and System Architects.
You should have attended:
- InfoSphere MDM Physical Domains V11.4 (ZZ930)
It is also recommended that you have working knowledge of Java development and XML concepts as it will be used during the exercises.
- Understand the MDM Architecture and how the Physical, Virtual and Hybrid MDM handles a service request
- Understand the core Workbench features available for the InfoSphere MDM
- Understand how MDM using OSGi for deploying customizations to the product
- Create a new Physical MDM Entity using the Workbench Wizard
- Extend an existing Physical MDM Entity using the Workbench Wizard
- Extend an existing Physical MDM Service using the Workbench Wizard
- Create a new Composite Service using a transiant object containing other existing business objects
- Customize and deploy a Virtual configuration
- Create a new Virtual Callout Handler
- Create a new Virtual Composite View
- Generate new Services based on the Virtual configuration (eSOA)
- Customize a Hybrid MDM implementation
- Understand the Adaptive Service Interface (ASI)
- InfoSphere MDM Architecture
- Virtual, Physical and Hybrid MDM
- Request/Response Framework
- Core Physical MDM
- Core Virtual MDM
- OSGi and MDM
- Physical MDM Data Additions
- Additions Architecture
- Creating an MDM Module Project
- Creating an Addition
- Core Property Files
- Custom Code Tables
- Physical MDM Data Extensions
- Extensions Architecture
- Creating an Extension
- Physical MDM Behavior Extensions
- Behavior Extensions Architecture
- Creating an Behavior Extension
- Composite Services
- XML Composite Services
- Java (Business Proxy) Composite Services
- Adaptive Service Interface (ASI)
- How ASI fits into the InfoSphere MDM Architecture
- How to build an new Service Mapping
- How to tailor service for your organization
- Virtual Data Model
- Virtual data model
- Creating a new MDM Virtual Attribute Type
- Deploying the Virtual Configuration
- Virtual Handlers
- Callout Handlers
- Event Handlers
- Composite View Handlers
- eSOA Toolkit
- Understand the eSOA Toolkit
- Generate java and WebService client
- Hybrid MDM
- Hybrid MDM assets
- Hybrid MDM service flow
- Hybrid MDM Customizations
- Day 1
- Unit 1: InfoSphere MDM Architecture
- Unit 2: OSGi and MDM
- Physical MDM
- Unit 3: Data Additions
- Exercise 1: Additions
- Unit 4: Physical Data Extensions
- Exercise 2: Extensions - New Person Attribute
- Day 2
- Unit 5: MDM Physical Behavior Extensions
- Exercise 3: Behavior Extension
- Unit 6: Composite Services
- Exercise 4: Composite Services
- Unit 7: Adaptive Services Interface (ASI)
- Virtual MDM
- Unit 8: Virtual Data Model
- Exercise 5: Creating a Custom Attribute Type
- Day 3
- Unit 9: Virtual Handlers
- Exercise 6: Callout Handler
- Exercise 7: Custom Composite View
- Unit 10: eSOA Toolkit
- Exercise 8: eSOAToolkig
- Unit 11: Hybrid MDM
- Exercise 9: Hybrid Customization
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.