2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
The Capitol Building, Oldbury
This course covers the installation, configuration, use, customization, integration of Tivoli Network Manager 4.2 with Network Operations Insight, and network monitoring using the Network Manager pollers. The workshop includes approximately 40% lecture and 60% hands-on exercises. The workshop begins with a basic overview of product components and their associated functions. You configure Tivoli Network Manager and perform a full discovery of simulated networks. To further understand the intricacies of the discovery cycle, you customize discovery by changing the behavior of finders and agents. You also learn to create real-time MIB graphs, control polling behavior, connect isolated networks through manual map editing, and use the reporting functions of IBM Tivoli Network Manager. You also learn to use the Network Health Dashboard and create custom dashboards.
This course is for administrators, integrators, and users who are responsible for configuring and using Tivoli Network Manager or Network Operations Insight.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills: -
- Basic Linux shell script editing using vi or gedit
- Understanding of the function of routers and switches and layers 2 and 3 of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) model
- Understanding of the types of devices that operate at Layer 1 of the OSI model
After you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
- Install IBM Tivoli Network Manager 4.2
- Navigate the Network Manager interface
- Describe discovery in the context of Tivoli Network Manager
- Configure and run a network discovery
- Schedule automatic full discoveries
- Use the discovery collector
- Build and use discovery filters
- Troubleshoot discovery issues
- Build network partition views
- Use the Network Health Dashboard
- Create custom dashboards
- View device link status and capacity information
- Manually instantiate undiscovered devices and connections.
- Use the Hop View and Network Partition view
- Create a network view with multiple domains
- Configure and customize Network Manager polling behavior
- Schedule event-based reports
- View asset and discovery reports
- Perform stitcher customizations to add custom data to a discovery
- Configure adaptive polling
- Configure database access
- Configure a custom report
- Schedule a report snapshot
Introduction and Architecture
- Features overview
- Architectural overview
- Troubleshooting with log and trace files
- Architectural considerations
- How discovery works
- The discovery wizard
- Starting discovery
- Checking discovery status
- Discovery configuration tabs
Advanced Discovery Options
- Configure discovery of multicast networks
- Discovery filtering
- Discovering with collectors
- Troubleshooting discovery
- Optimizing discovery
- Visualization architecture
- Event views
- The Hop View
- Network views
- Link status and capacity
- Tabular and Grid views
- Path Views
- Topology Editor
- Device Structure Browser
- Adding classes and icons
- Cross-domain network views
- Network Health Dashboard
- Create custom dashboards
- Polling architecture
- Polling policies
- Polling definitions
- Manage and unmanage devices and interfaces
- Configure adaptive polling
- Realtime MIB graphing
- Distributed polling
- Troubleshooting information
Optical Transport and Radio Access Networks
- DNCIM database basics
- Populating DNCIM database
- Mapping information into the MODEL service
- Discovery in-depth
- Creating database tables
- Prepare stitchers to enrich discovery
- Run the custom scripts and stitchers
Gateway and Network Fault Isolation
- Architecture and basis concepts
- RCA overview
- Gateway plug-ins
- New rules for special events
- Troubleshooting gateway event processing
Administrative Perl Scripts
Tivoli Network Manager Failover
- Failover basics
- What happens with failover
Tivoli Network Manager Reports
- Viewing and scheduling reports
- Cognos and BIRT reports
- Included reports
- Installing Tivoli Common Reporting
- Troubleshooting Cognos
Installing Tivoli Network Manager 4.1.1
- Installation preparation
- Installing Tivoli Network Manager
- The root user post installation tasks
- Install Tivoli Common Reporting
- Component communications
- Optional configuration of OMNIbus processes running as a non-root user
- Process control
- Starting Tivoli Network Manager
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.