The Capitol Building, Oldbury
2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of an IBM i. Emphasis is on security, system availability, backup and recovery, system software management, and problem determination. Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the IBM i.
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage security, backup and recovery, system software and problem determination. This course is not recommended for system operators.
- complete System Operator Workshop for IBM i (AS24G)
- have responsibility for implementing the security features available for IBM i
- have responsibility for the implementation of a backup and recovery plan and system availability for your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe and implement the components of IBM i security, such as user profile, group profile, authorization list, adopted authority and object / resource security
- Develop a security plan for your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the options to implement security auditing
- Develop a plan to audit security on your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the IBM i availability products and features and choose the option(s) that best fit your company requirements
- Describe how to backup and recover user, IBM and full system data on your Power Systems with IBM i
- Develop a backup and recovery plan for your Power Systems with IBM i
- Describe the system diagnostics and problem determination procedures available on your Power Systems with IBM i
- Class administration and introductions
- IBM i overview and concepts
- Management central overview
- Security concepts and overview
- System values
- User security
- Resource security
- Security auditing
- Designing security
- IBM i availability overview
- Disk management
- Backup and recovery strategy using Save/Restore
- Journal management
- Commitment control overview
- Backup and recovery planning
- Problem determination
- Overview of Systems Director Navigator for i
- Introduction to BRMS
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.