2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
The Capitol Building, Oldbury
This offering provides participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of metadata modeling concepts, and how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using Framework Manager. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing of metadata to the web, enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
- Knowledge of common industry-standard data structures and design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience gathering requirements and analyzing data
- IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (v11.0.x) (recommended)
Please refer to course overview
Introduction to IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Model data and identifying related data
• Define requirements and modeling strategies
• Overview of IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a baseline project
• Extend a model
• Prepare reusable metadata
Model for predictable results in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Identify query issues
• Identify reporting traps
• Model virtual star schemas
• Use query subjects, modify relationships, and consolidate metadata using virtual objects
• Create calculations, filter data, and customize metadata for runtime
• Implement a time dimension and specify determinants
Model for presentation in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Create a presentation view
• Examine data source query subject types and stored procedure query subject types
• Specify data security and package security
• Specify object security and dynamic data security
• Create analysis objects
• Manage OLAP data sources
Advanced capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager
• Explore SQL generation and the use of governors
• Examine the use of IBM Cognos SQL and generated SQL for DMR data
• Other query considerations
• Use session parameters, prompt macros, and security macro functions
• Use materialized views, minimize SQL, and enable Dynamic Query Mode (DQM)
• DQM, CQM, caching metadata, query processing, aggregate calculation, and other ways to improve performance
Extended capabilities in IBM Cognos Framework Manager (Optional)
• Perform basic maintenance and management on a model
• Remap metadata to another source and import and link additional data sources
• Run scripts to automate or update a model and report on a model
• Segment a project, link a project, and branch a model
• Nest packages and specify package languages and functions
• Explore additional modeling techniques and customize metadata for a multilingual audience
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.