WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
WhereTech Data ILO UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Automating Tasks Using IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere (ZB502G). This option does not require any travel.
This course is intended to teach the skills that are needed to work with the IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) with Automation Anywhere Enterprise Client and Control Room to develop and manage bots. The course covers the development of both Meta bots and Task bots but focuses mostly on Task bot development.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on exercises to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course provide hands-on experience with developing robotic tasks.
The course introduces robotic process automation, typical use cases, challenges, good practices and high-level architecture of the IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere product. The emphasis of the course is in hands-on coding in the development environment (i.e. Workbench).
Development is performed using the most common bot commands. Bots are built to accomplish everyday business challenges including extracting data from various sources, writing data to various sources, conditional processing, and looping. The course also covers the use of various Recorders to record user interactions.
At the completion of the course, the student is encouraged to take a Badge test to earn the Automating Tasks Using IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere V11 badge.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
This course is intended for developers who use IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere.
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Understanding of SQL syntax
- Basic understanding of web services
- Experience with modern programming techniques
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere Control Room and Enterprise Client
- Understand challenges and risks when implementing robotic process automation
- Describe common use cases for robotic process automation
- Explain robotic process automation and when to use it
- Describe the main components of the product
- Perform basic Bot management and administration
- Understand the difference between attended and unattended bot runners and when to use each.
- Understand the benefits of using Bot Insights
- Understand the high-level architecture and topology
- Understand workload management and when to use queues, work items, and device pools
You will also learn how to develop bots to accomplish common business scenarios including:
- Capturing user interactions using appropriate Recorders
- Running bots from the Workbench and the Control Room
- Using and assigning user and system-defined variables
- Creating a Meta bot to handle an application login
- Integrating with common desktop applications
- Writing data from a text file to an Excel spreadsheet
- Copying spreadsheet data to a Windows application
- Reading and writing from a DB2 database
- Hardening bots against common exceptions
- Debugging bots using the debugging feature
- Applying good practices for coding bots
- Handling corrupt data or an incorrect file
- Extracting data from web pages
- Performing basic string operations
- Sending and receiving emails
- Downloading email attachments
- Extracting data from Adobe PDFs
- Implementing conditional logic
- Adding interactive components
- Calling REST web services
- Basic arithmetic operations
- Defining bot triggers
- Iterative looping
- Error handling
Introducing robotic process automation and bots
Introducing IBM Robotic Process Automation with Automation Anywhere
Exercise: Exploring the Control Room
Introducing the Enterprise Client
Exercise: Creating a basic bot
Working with variables, loops, and strings
Exercise: Writing data from a text file to an Excel spreadsheet
Working with the Smart Recorder and the Object Cloning command
Exercise: Automating data entry to a business application and a database
Working with emails, conditional logic, and triggers
Exercise: Creating a bot to sum check declines, query a database, and send an email
Working with email and PDFs
Exercise: Creating a bot to evaluate data from a PDF and send an email
Creating interactive bots
Exercise: Creating an interactive bot to check values in disparate systems
Exercise: Creating a login MetaBot
Working with web services
Exceptions and error handling
Exercise: Working with web services and error handling
Hardening bots against exceptions
Exercise: Hardening the Account Opening bot
Bot management and reporting
Exercise: Managing bots
Administering bots through the Control Room
Exercise: Administering bots in the Control Room
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.