The Capitol Building, Oldbury
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
The primary goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Management (NIM) facility of the AIX 7.1 operating system. This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge of the topics covered.
This course is appropriate for anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.
You should have:
- Basic knowledge regarding AIX systems administration
- Basic knowledge regarding the use of HMC V7 to manage POWER-based managed systems
The following course will provided the needed skills for this course:
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN11G)
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12G)
- Explain key NIM concepts and terminology
- Display NIM-related information
- Set up a NIM master
- Perform a base AIX (RTE) install
- Define and use several types of NIM objects
- Perform an automated install
- Create and use mksysb resource
- Maintain lpp_source and SPOT resources
- Update NIM clients
- Unit 1: NIM overview
- Exercise 1: NIM overview
- Unit 2: Setting up the NIM master
- Exercise 2: Setting up the NIM master
- Unit 3: RTE installation
- Exercise 3: RTE installation
- Unit 4: Defining additional base install resources
- Exercise 4: Defining additional base install resources
- Unit 5: NIM client backups and restores
- Exercise 5: NIM client backups and restores
- Unit 6: Managing the lpp_source and the SPOT resources
- Exercise 6: Managing the lpp_source and the SPOT resources
- Unit 7: NIM client updates
- Exercise 7: NIM client updates
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.