2nd Floor, Broadwall House, 21 Broadwall Street
WhereTech Data Online UK
Connection details will be communicated separately
The Capitol Building, Oldbury
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.6 (WB821G).
This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5 (ZB812G). This option does not require any travel.
In this course, you learn the skills that are required to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
This basic course is designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators, and operators who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot process applications.
You should have a general knowledge of:
- The Linux operating system
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multitier business applications
- Managing WebSphere Application Server
- Managing a database server, such as DB2, MS SQL Server, or Oracle database
You should also successfully complete one of the following courses:
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for AIX (WA180G - no longer available)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Windows (WA380G - no longer available)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Windows (ZA380G - no longer available)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Linux (WA580G - no longer available)
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Linux (ZA580G - no longer available)
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Administration (WA585G - no longer available)
- Configure and administer a Process Center environment
- Configure and administer a Process Server environment
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5: IBM Process Server and IBM Process Center
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Standard architecture, concepts, and terminology
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Standard components
- Create a Process Center clustered environment by using the Deployment Environment wizard
- Create a Process Server clustered environment by using the BPMConfig utility
- Deploy and manage process applications
- Work with the administrative console and management tools
- Deploy applications to an offline and online Process Server environment
- Implement SSL
- Integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to secure the environment
- Troubleshoot the environment
- Course introduction
- Overview of IBM Business Process Manager V8.5
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard installation
- IBM Business Process Manager Standard architecture overview
- Exercise: Installing IBM Business Process Manager Standard
- Exercise: Installing IBM HTTP Server
- IBM Business Process Manager deployment topologies
- Exercise: Configuring the Process Center environment
- Introduction to Process Center
- Exercise: Administering Process Center
- Managing users and groups
- Exercise: Adding users and groups
- Overview of Process Portal
- Exercise: Administering Process Portal
- Overview of deployment scenarios
- Exercise: Configuring the Process Server environment
- Exercise: Managing offline and online process servers
- Managing snapshots
- Exercise: Creating and managing snapshots
- Advanced administration concepts
- Problem determination
- Exercise: Performance and troubleshooting
- Exercise: Configuring SSL
- Exercise: Implementing security with LDAP
- Course summary
What do I need to bring with me to my public class?
All required learning materials and equipment are provided in the classroom.
When do public training course fees have to be paid?
For public training classes payment must be received no later than three business days prior to the first day of class in order to remain in the class and confirm your seat. Failure to provide payment by this date may result in removal from the class, and/or late cancellation fees applied. You can submit payment in the form of a Purchase Order or credit card.
On-site (private) Course Pricing:
To find out more about On-site training e-mail us at email@example.com or call one of our offices.
What is the cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellations or date transfers need to be received at least ten (10) business days prior to the event start date in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation or reschedule request is received less than ten (10) business days before the start date, the penalty of 100% of the cost of the course will be applied, resulting in no amount of the fee being refunded. Refunds will not be allowed for “no-shows” in our public training or IVA courses. This cancellation policy is strictly enforced.
What happens if Agile Solutions needs to cancel or reschedule a course?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to cancel events for any reason at any time. Cancellation liability for Agile Solutions, if Agile Solutions cancels the course, is limited to the return of course payment ONLY. Agile Solutions will not reimburse registrants for any other costs including but not limited to any travel cancellation fees or penalties, including airfare and hotel costs. PLEASE NOTE: If your registration status is either “Approved”, or “Pending Payment” you have not been confirmed for the class and it is recommended that you do not make any travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation e-mail letting you know the class and registration is confirmed.
How will I know if my course has been rescheduled?
Agile Solutions reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a course due to low enrollment or if necessitated by other circumstances. Agile Solutions will contact you via e-mail or phone to inform you of the change of schedule. Once you have been notified you may reschedule or receive a full credit. Agile Solutions shall not be liable for any other costs including but not limited to any non-refundable travel arrangements if a course is rescheduled or cancelled.