Controlling the Risk in a Global Financial Setting
- Compliance to BCBS 239 requires banks to establish robust risk data aggregation capabilities across their various businesses to ensure that the underlying data is gathered and distributed in a consistent manner.
- The client has an extensive legacy estate with numerous sources of reporting datasets, poorly documented and governed.
- Centralised approach to metadata management lacking. Siloed IT development commonplace using custom and bespoke metadata management technologies.
- Informatica Metadata Manager (IMM) selected to address BCBS 239 requirements.
- Hybrid delivery model, leveraging Agile Information Management (AIM) framework, to implement and upgrade IMM from v9.1 to 9.5 to current 9.6.1.
- Agile lead ‘discovery’ style investigations to determine the true data picture, documenting to agreed architecture/modelling standards.
- Transition into a BAU Service line, servicing Information Architects, incrementally mapping the legacy estate.
- IMM allows connections to consume metadata from a variety of sources including Oracle, Teradata, Sybase, MS SQL, Erwin LDM.
- Create a lineage diagram, giving a visual representation of the data estate within the company, which evidences the technical architects design.
- Technology - Informatica Metadata Manager (IMM). Current version:v9.6.1 (upgraded from v9.1).