Ensuring the Smooth Running of Data in the Transport Sector
- 450 PowerCenter mappings and workflow sessions had been
developed by another consultancy with significant usage of SQL
- An Informatica-led environment health check identified these as a
major problem and flagged them as a red rated issue.
- SQL override prevents accurate storage of metadata in the repository
database tables, meaning metadata management and tracking data
lineage cannot be done effectively.
- Due to this technical debt the client cannot realise full value from their
investment in Informatica Metadata Manager.
- Analysis done to classify mappings based on their business/IT support
priority and the amount of effort involved in remediating.
- 279 affected mappings and workflow sessions for 9 source systems
were remediated so that:
1. all source tables were included in the mapping
2. data transformations were done in Informatica objects.
3. SQL transformations were done in the Source Filter and Join
Condition fields of the Source Qualifier.
- Updated mappings tested to ensure data output identically matched
- Informatica-led environment health check identified that PowerCenter mappings developed by another consultancy as not fit for purpose. Agile was brought in as Informatica experts to identify, prioritise and remediate these in line with best practice. This was achieved without impacting BAU from the Agile Competency Centre (ACC) and delivered on time and within budget using Agile Methodology.
- Technology - Informatica PowerCenter v9.5.1,SQL, Atlassian Toolset.