Sharpening the Data View in the Media Sector
- The corporate BI tool is SAP Business Objects and
the client’s customer data warehouse supports several
hundred BO users who can request reports but issues
such as data load time, data quality, data model
granularity and an inconsistent data model mean the
process is cumbersome and unsatisfactory.
- The client aims to re-engage the user community through
an understanding of the redesigned data model,
performance improvements and provision of self-service
- Senior business stakeholders feel that Microsoft’s
platform lends itself better to self-service and direct
integration with Excel.
- The system was redesigned including the development
of a new data warehouse.
- Delivered on the Microsoft BI platform Agile undertook
the Design, Development and Unit Testing of the
Incentives Data Cube and 6 Incentives Reports.
- SSRS used for the reporting aspect and SSAS for the
creation of the data cube for the data analysis.
- Excel and Power Pivot (currently in use) were integrated
into the solution to determine if the results are faster.
- Insight SharePoint Portal and HR payment systems
- Authored full documentation set, supported UAT
- Design, Development and Unit Testing of a new Data Cube and Incentive Reports, delivering self-service reporting functionality on the Microsoft BI platform. Including integration of a payment File with HR systems for thecalculation of pay incentives, and with the Insight SharePoint portal for data model collaboration.
- Technology - Microsoft BI platform components: Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Excel and PowerPivot. IBM Netezza, SAP Business Objects