Implementation of Master Data Management roadmap to satisfy IDMP standards
- The client provides a regulatory information management (RIM) system
to their customers for regulatory submissions and product registration
management of a medicinal entity.
- They needed to expand their existing RIM system to support the new
- IDMP data comes from various disparate sources amongst their
customers and must be sourced and mastered in an industry IDMP
model before the data is integrated into their existing tool.
- A tactical, internal, solution for IDMP compliance existed as a proof of
concept and the lessons learned need to be incorporated into the
new solution design.
- Agile Solutions consultants undertook an in-depth analysis of the
existing RIM system to frame a workshop for the IDMP solution.
- The architected solution leveraged Informatica PowerCenter and MDM
to source the data and create a mastered view as per the new IDMP
- The roadmap allowed the client to define the required match and trust
rules on the target.
- Informatica Data Director provides a GUI to allow manual updates
and workflow capabilities on the master source.
- The data from the new solution is available to the current RIM system
via the Informatica Service Integration Framework (SIF).
- Agile Solutions were engaged to run an interactive workshop for key stakeholders onsite at their US head office. The key objective was to understand their existing architecture and offer technical advice and a recommended solution architecture, leveraging MDM technology to satisfy their IDMP requirement.
- Technology - Informatica Master Data Management, Informatica PowerCenter, Data Director.