Improving Data Quality in the Housing Sector
- The business had concerns about data quality,
specifically within the address dataset, resulting
in significant manual reprocessing and inefficiency.
- The cost of poor quality was unquantified and couldn’t
be measured as there was no baseline.
- Data standards and quality rules were not documented
and hence un en-forced.
- The client had no experience of the IDQ tool and needed
guidance in how to deploy the tool most effectively.
- Installation of Informatica IDQ V 9.6, configured with
Address Doctor for address data cleansing.
- Proof of Value delivered in a matter of days, visualised
using client’s own data showing IDQ capability.
- Data profiling carried out on nominated datasets
Guidance provided on development of DQ rules and
- Data Quality scorecards developed in the analyst tool,
(browser based search, point and click GUI), enabling
drill down into DQ issues.
- Installation of Informatica IDQ for address data profiling.
Data Quality scorecards developed for proof of value.
- Coaching/mentoring were provided on a flexible ‘pay as
you go model’ to upskill resources and enable data
- Technology - Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) v9.6.1, PowerCenter, v9.6.1
(upgraded from v9.1). Oracle Apex and Qlik View GUI’s
for reporting and analysis.