This 1-day workshop is designed to help business-orientated management and directors understand what Agile is, its benefits and the impacts for the business in today’s information driven business environment. This workshop will help in understanding what an Agile approach requires from the business to help it run effectively, and what one should expect to get from an Agile project delivery. Since no project is ever just plain sailing, it will also highlight some of the potential pitfalls of an Agile project from the business perspective. It will also cover the key drivers and levers that business personnel could use to guide and steer an Agile project so that they get the outcome they want. The aim of this workshop is to introduce the Agile methods and methodology that can enable the enterprise and potentially give it the competitive advantages that come with improved information and greater speed.
It normally results in active discussion and questioning and helps to flush out people’s concerns and misconceptions about Agile early in the adoption process. We include opportunities for company-specific discussions and Q&A.
- Combining Agile Methods
- Transitioning to Agile
Rationale and Beneﬁts
• The Lean roots of Agile, The Agile Manifesto and Agile Principles
• Agile ‘empirical’ management vs traditional management
• Applicability, benefits and risks of Agile
• The leading Agile Methods – Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile etc.
The Essential Agile Framework
• Agile ‘Scrum’ process of Sprints, Kanban-based workflow
• Key Agile Roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master and Team
• Artifacts: Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog, Definition of ‘Done’
• Management Meetings: Planning, Reviews, Retrospective
The Agile Enterprise
• Large-scale Agile Product / Service Organisation
• Agile Governance, Programme and Portfolio Management.
• Successful Agile Transformation and Delivery
• Leading the Agile Organisation and Transformation
• Designing and Creating Agile Team Structures
• Defining Products and Product Ownership at scale
• Embedding Agile thinking into the organisation, its processes, structures, mindset and culture
- The aim of this seminar is to introduce the agile methods and methodology that can enable this agile enterprise and potentially give a business informed advantage at a speed that can give competitive advantage.
- Identify how Agile methods can help you improve delivery times on large data warehouses and smaller BI projects. Offering the result of rapid delivery of business decision support and business performance management.
- Recognise the correct concepts for agile in data warehouse and BI delivery.
- Understand how Agile projects work, the collaborative nature of effective Agile teams and how they can contribute to project success.
- Understand how Agile methods are suitable for large information management projects.
- Learn how to initiate an agile delivered data warehouse programme within your organization.
- Take away a proven team structure suitable for your organisation.