The Agile Awareness workshop is an introductory module. The aim of this workshop is to establish a common understanding of the background, drivers, benefits and key practices for Agile software development. This is a one-day workshop.
You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Process and Sprints
- The Significance of ‘Done’
- The Five Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Teamwork and Team Characteristics
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review and Retrospective Meetings
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and Definition of ‘Done’
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Chart
Managing Scrum Projects
- Combining Agile Methods
- Transitioning to Agile
- Each training workshop consists of formal ‘chalk and talk’ training interspersed with hands-on examples to cement the participants understanding of the practices.
- Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, the bulk of the time is spent in discussions and essential exercises to apply and reinforce the learning.
Workshops are held on client’s site and can involve a headcount up to 10 people.