Digital Transformation drives competitiveness and business growth.
In terms of business specifically, digital transformation is all processes, interactions, functions, including business development and information gathering that can be better managed via the transfer from human and paper based management to digital applications.
In a business context digital transformation impacts:
- Competition and Competitiveness – Tourism is a great example of digital transformation – from the death of high street travel agencies, to online solutions like Booking.com, Airbnb, TripAdvisor and Halo.
- Business models – traditional media has been hard hit with the new news and entertainment platforms such as Twitter, Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube. Consider Facebook, the largest media owner, yet they create no content.
- Customer Acquisition and Retention – LinkedIn and it’s various tools is an excellent source of customer acquisition, whilst a whole host of social media, apps and web resources are being utilised to satisfy and entertain customer needs.
- Customer Service – many customer centric businesses are available across a wide medium to their community including Twitter, Skype, Instagram, and Facebook. Savvy businesses are delivering not only a communication service but a valuable, enjoyable and educational customer experience.
- Data – to take advantage of digital transformation your business will need to gather and manage data. Governance and Compliance is essential. Read more about the pending General Data Protection Regulation in our Guide.
- Skill sets and skills gaps – the rapid pace of change has given rise to a skills gap. This is where Agile can help your business. We have experienced Data Scientists, Business Innovation Consultants and Programme Managers.
“Digital innovation and agility are the
yin and yang of success for today’s business – both can be applied in an efficient
and motivational way”
CEO and Founder of AIM
Contact us to help drive your digital transformation and stand out from the crowd.