Controlling the Risk in a Global Financial Setting
- Compliance to BCBS 239 requires banks to establish
robust risk data aggregation capabilities across their
various businesses to ensure that the underlying data
is gathered and distributed in a consistent manner.
- The client has an extensive legacy estate with numerous
sources of reporting datasets, poorly documented and
- Centralised approach to metadata management lacking.
Siloed IT development commonplace using custom
and bespoke metadata management technologies.
- Informatica Metadata Manager (IMM) selected to address
BCBS 239 requirements.
- Hybrid delivery model, leveraging Agile Information
Management (AIM) framework, to implement and
upgrade IMM from v9.1 to 9.5 to current 9.6.1.
- Agile lead ‘discovery’ style investigations to determine
the true data picture, documenting to agreed
- Transition into a BAU Service line, servicing Information
Architects, incrementally mapping the legacy estate.
- IMM allows connections to consume metadata from
a variety of sources including Oracle, Teradata, Sybase,
MS SQL, Erwin LDM.
- Create a lineage diagram, giving a visual representation of the data estate within the company, which evidences the technical architects design.
- Technology - Informatica Metadata Manager (IMM). Current version:v9.6.1 (upgraded from v9.1).